White chocolate, mangos and a touch of honey make this smoothie extra special. It is sweet, creamy and cold – perfect for a hot summer day.
Imagine you’re on a Tropical Island. You’re laying peacefully on a hammock. Your mind is carefree.
Life is good.
There is only one thing missing. A cold smoothie, topped with a tiny umbrella.
The smoothie we are making today is exactly what you would probably want at that moment.
A few years ago I was on a dream vacation in the Caribbean. One day as I was sunbathing on the white sandy beach, a man wearing a funny colorful hat and a (very) small bathing suit approached to me. He had a huge white toothy smile and he asked me “Miss, what about a mango cocktail?” “It’s our specialty”, he said in a funny accent.
Soon after, I found myself sipping on my cocktail, which turned out to be a heavenly smoothie. It was perfect.
Aren’t memories awesome? That man with the bathing suit, and the island’s cocktail stuck with me ever since.
Although I can’t recall the exact taste of the drink, I do remember it was sweet, creamy and ice cold. Just what you need for a summer part-y.
I have tried to replicate it, but I have to admit, although what I made is delish, if it was my smoothie against the island’s, the island’s would have probably won. After all, it’s their specialty (in a funny accent).
Win or lose, my sexy man Erez and I can’t get enough of today’s smoothie. It may not beat the island smoothie, but it is certainly delicious and refreshing.
I sweetened the smoothie with white chocolate and honey so it would be yummier than just sugar. And it is.
The mango flavor is more dominant than the white chocolate in this one. You’ll mostly just taste the mangos.
You can adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or powdered sugar if you want it sweeter, or omit the honey for less sweetness.
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 cup mango cubes (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) yogurt
- 8 ice cubes
- Put milk and white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted. White chocolate is sensitive to heat so be careful not to burn the mixture. Alternatively, you can use a bain-marie (i.e. place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) to melt it. Put it aside to cool a bit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and make any adjustments if you like. Add ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect Banana Bread