Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Super fudgy and thick chocolate cookies with a shiny crackly shell, filled with peanut butter chips. Irresistible cookies for chocolate lovers!
- 8 ounces or 225 grams semisweet chocolate , roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick or 57 grams) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (90 grams or 3.2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 grams or 5.3 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 350F/175C degrees. Put butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Do not overheat.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. On a low speed, beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture just until combined. Don’t overbeat. Fold in peanut butter chips.
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw them on the counter, still covered, or overnight in the fridge.