White Chocolate Chai Latte
The little twist of adding white chocolate to this comforting chai latte makes it thick and creamy with a wonderfully sweet flavor.
- 1 cup water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2-1 cup (80-150 g) white chocolate*
In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients except for the white chocolate to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors blend. Reheat again until hot, then strain mixture through a fine mesh. Add white chocolate and stir vigorously until melted and smooth. Gently reheat again on low heat if needed.
Pour drink into 2 mugs and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, if desired.
* If you prefer a drink that’s not too sweet, half a cup will be enough for a moderately sweet drink with a noticeably chocolate flavor.