Individual No-Bake Cheesecake
This recipe yields 6 individual glasses, 12 smaller glasses, or 20-24 shot glasses.
YIELD 6 individual glasses (150ml each)
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup (85 g/3 oz) graham cracker/digestive biscuit/vanilla cookie crumbs (pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground.)
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g/3.5 oz) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest , optional
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- Diced fresh fruit , for topping
Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter until combined and crumbs are moistened. Divide evenly between individual serving dishes (about 2 tablespoons per serving dish). Press on the mixture with your fingers to form a crust layer.
Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and whisk well until combined and completely smooth (if grainy, beat with an electric mixer until smooth). Add in vanilla and lemon zest. Set aside to let sugar dissolve into the cream cheese. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Avoid overbeating. Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the other half. Evenly spoon (or pipe using a piping bag) about ½ cup of filling into each serving dish.
Top with fresh fruit or any other topping you like (read above post for suggestions). Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, or up to 2-3 days.