Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
The recipe makes quite lot of filling but the number of mushrooms you’ll end up with really depends on their size.
- 25 champignon mushrooms or 40 small Portobello mushrooms* , stems removed
- 100 g/3.5 oz crumbled feta cheese (or crumbly goat cheese/ricotta)
- 100 g/3.5 oz crumbled Roquefort cheese (or your favorite blue cheese)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
Combine all filling ingredients together in a bowl, then spoon generously into mushroom caps. Arrange, filling side up, on a pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until filling is golden and mushrooms are tender. Serve warm.