Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This smoothie is a chocolate and peanut butter lover's dream. Not only is it tasty, but it's also healthy and will keep you full for hours.
- 1 banana , cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup yogurt (vanilla, plain, low-fat, Greek)
- 3/4 cup milk (whole, low-fat, almond, soy)
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy, crunchy, natural)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Place all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and make any needed adjustments (read notes) until desired taste and consistency.
-You can use frozen banana chunks and less ice cubes.
-You can add fresh spinach (yes, really) for more nutrition. Start with adding 1/2 cup, then up to 2 cups, to taste.
-You can easily play with the amount of ingredients. Use more cocoa or peanut butter for a stronger flavor, use more milk for a thinner smoothie, or replace yogurt with milk and vice versa according to your tastes.