Strawberry and Mixed Green Salad
A refreshing green summer salad, perfectly complemented by balsamic vinaigrette and the addition of fresh strawberries, nuts, and cheese.
YIELD 6 servings as a first course or side
- 6 cups (200 g) mix of baby greens or fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries , hulled and quartered (or other berries)
- 100 g/4 oz crumbled blue cheese (such as Roquefort) or goat cheese (such as Sainte Maure)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nuts/candid nuts , preferably toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or honey , optional
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper until well combined.
In a large bowl place greens, strawberries, cheese, and nuts. Pour as much dressing as you want over salad mixture and toss to combine Serve immediately.