Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies
Incredibly soft, thick and chewy butterscotch cookies loaded with butterscotch chips and pretzels. No mixer required.
- 1 3/4 cups (250 grams or 8.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170 grams) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100 grams or 3.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams or 3.5 ounces) brown sugar
- 80 grams (2.8 ounces or 1/2 cup) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered pretzels (or just regular pretzels)
In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Place the melted butter in a large bowl and whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar and pudding mix. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in butterscotch chips and pretzels.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes (or up to 3 days). This step is not mandatory since the cookies will be thick enough even without refrigerating.
Preheat oven to 175C/350F degrees. Line pans with parchment paper.
If the cookie dough is hard to handle, leave it on the counter for a few minutes.
Drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet, the size of 3 tablespoons each. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until cookies just begin to brown at the edges. Cookies will appear undone but will continue to bake on the warm baking sheet. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to a month.