Hey there! I’m Shiran. I’m 30 years old and a big city type of girl. Thank you for stopping by Pretty. Simple. Sweet. – a sweet place where I share my thoughts, recipes, trials and errors and experiences in the kitchen.
My life basically revolves around desserts.
I could easily eat two of them every day (ok, three).
I bake almost constantly, and when I’m not busy baking, I’m reading about baking.
I follow food blogs on a daily basis and read cook books before I go to sleep.
I even have dreams about desserts. I seriously do.
I will travel all the way to Paris to taste a new creation from Pierre Herme.
I know, I know – this all may sound a little ridiculous, but it’s actually pretty amazing.
I recently married the love of my life, Erez. He’s adorable and helps me a ton with this blog. Together we travel around the world every chance we get.
In what seems like another lifetime, I studied computer science in college and worked as a programmer for a large firm. All that trouble just to realize that I didn’t really like it. Oh, well. Life goes on.
The blogging world has opened my eyes to a large community of fellow sweets addicts. I am not alone! So I thought, why not write about my own culinary journey?With that, Pretty. Simple. Sweet. Came to life. Ta da!
What started as a small place to share my recipes turned out to be the second love of my life. The writing, the photography, the sweets, and YOU!
I personally develop most of the recipes on this site. I make them again and again so my readers get nothing less than perfection. I love classic and easy, no-hassle recipes, ones that both the amateur and experienced baker can make and LOVE.
I promise I will try my best to:
- Write fun, valuable, and informative content inspired by and related to the desserts. Otherwise you won’t read it and that would be unfortunate.
- Make simple and easy-to-follow recipes, using simple ingredients. We are all busy people, aren’t we?
- Include detailed tutorials and tips for perfect baking. We’ve all had our share of burnt cookies and sinking cakes without knowing what went wrong. I know how frustrating that can be.
- Share beautiful photos of my creations with you. At least I will try!
- Not talk too much.
For now, all is going as planned… Except maybe for that last promise. But hey, no one’s perfect!
Some other sweet facts about me:
- I collect cake stands, pans, and kitchenware like crazy.
- I love food (like ALL food).
- People expect me to pull desserts out of my pocket as if I take them everywhere I go.
- At gatherings and events, I’m always expected to bring something sweet. Even if I don’t have the time to make it. Even if I was told to bring nothing.
- I eat billions of calories a day and I’m not proud of it. I do run and do Pilates though. I also really want to tell you about my balanced diet that consists of vegetables and fruits, it’s just that I don’t have one.
- I love food. Oh, did I mention that already?
Ok, enough about my quirks for now.
I believe that when it comes to baking, you shouldn’t be intimidated or seek perfection. After all, it’s just a cake! My hope is that Pretty. Simple. Sweet. will show you just how much fun baking can be! Whoo-hoo!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: prettysimplesweet[at]gmail[dot]com
You can also find me on pinterest, facebook, twitter and instagram.