These creamy and naturally sweet strawberry banana popsicles make the perfect healthy treat for a summer day.
Ok, so it’s not summer just yet. And actually, instead of the bright, warm weather I’m waiting for, there’s an unusual amount of thunderstorms freaking me out at this very moment. Thunderstorms are so rare around here that whenever one happens, you better prepare for a power outage and make sure to have something warm—or in this case, cold—and sweet to comfort you.
These popsicles are like creamy sorbet, and the really great thing about them is that they’re as healthy as they are delicious, and healthy must mean you can eat as many of them as you like. Right?
Whenever possible, I like to use sweet strawberries and ripe bananas, that way I barely use any sweetener like sugar or honey. Sometimes I even skip the sugar completely.
If you’re feeling decadent, you can substitute the yogurt for cream cheese or the milk for heavy cream. You can also go the other way by using low fat yogurt and milk.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar or honey
- 1 cup strawberries (about 10 medium), hulled and chopped
- 1 ripe banana , chopped
- Place yogurt, milk, and sugar/honey in a blender and process until combined (I like to start with 1 tablespoon of sugar and add more as needed). Add strawberries and banana and process until smooth.
- Divide mixture between molds (using a pitcher makes this easier) and snap on the lid or popsicle stick. Place molds in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- For easy removal, place the mold inside a container filled with warm water, wait a few seconds, then pull out gently by gripping the handle.