This recipe for single-serving apple crumble is on my list of ’emergency recipes’. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare, but you’ll need to be patient while it’s in the oven. Don’t worry, the wait will be worth it. It has the perfect ratio of apples to crumbs, which means – lots of crumbs. Just don’t forget to serve it with vanilla ice cream!
More Apple Recipes:
- My Favorite Apple Crumble
- Applesauce Bread
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Apple Cake
- Apple Crumb Muffins
- Easy Puff Pastry Apple Tart
- 1 apple , peeled, cored, and sliced into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted
- optional - 1 1/2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats , chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- To make the apple filling: In a small bowl, toss apples with sugar and cinnamon. Divide apples into 2 individual ramekins, and press them slightly. Set aside.
- To make the topping: Mix flour and sugar, then add melted butter. Mix with a fork, until mixture clumps together into crumbly balls. Mix in oats and nuts, if using. Sprinkle crumble evenly on top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm and top with ice cream if you want (how can you not want?).