As you might have already guessed, I have a thing for creamy pasta. Lately I like to combine it with sun-dried tomatoes, which make it the most comforting dish and perfect for days when you want to spoil yourself. I think today is one of those days. Tomorrow too.
- 8 oz/250 g pasta penne or fettuccine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the cream sauce: Whisk chicken broth and flour in a bowl until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth and cook, whisking constantly, 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, oregano, and basil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapt from Damn Delicious