Up until recently I wasn’t a fan of greek salad (or any salad), but since it’s a common dish around here at every restaurant or coffee place, I grew to love it. I think I especially like it because it has feta cheese and it’s served with delicious crusty bread. It’s a great salad for a light dinner or a large crowd.
- 4 tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 2 large cucumbers , roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped into thin slices
- 1 medium shallot , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , pitted and halved
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese , cut into cubes or crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
Toss all ingredients together, except for the cheese, and mix to combine. Add the cheese and mix gently.