Guacamole is a simple, quick, fresh, and tasty dip to make when entertaining. You can serve it with tortilla chips, or quesadilla wedges, and make it smooth or chunky depending on your taste.
Make sure you use ripe avocados for the best flavor and texture. Most avocados you’ll find in the store won’t be ripe enough, so plan ahead. Don’t puree the avocados, because you want a slightly chunky texture. I like to cut the avocado into pieces, then mashing everything together with a fork.
- 3 ripe avocados , halved, seeded and peeled
- juice of 1/2 - 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 medium onion , small-diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 medium tomato , deseeded and small-diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (or 1/4 cup, diced)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Dice avocados into small pieces, or gently mash using a potato masher, and place in a large bowl. Immediately mix with the lemon juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. Use a fork to slightly mash the avocado if it's still chunky. Serve immediately. Guacamole is best served the same day it's made.