Peaches and cream go perfectly together, especially in these muffins. Heavy cream makes these peach muffins soft and tender, a burst of juicy peach in every bite.
Peach season may only be in summer, but you can enjoy these peach muffins all year long. My perfect muffin is bursting with fruit, and these peach muffins don’t disappoint. The sweet peaches get paired with heavy cream, giving these muffins a light and tender crumb with a sweet, rich flavor. The easy recipe is simple to make, but not lacking in flavor.
How to Make Peach Muffins
These easy peach muffins have the softest texture. I use butter and heavy cream for a tender, cake-like crumb, and they are light as cupcakes. What’s better than cake for breakfast?
To start, grease or line your muffin tins and whisk together your dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until well combined. Whisk in butter, then heavy cream vanilla extract. I like to use heavy cream in this recipe since it adds extra tenderness and gives these peach muffins a delicious, rich flavor. Add this to the the flour mixture, mixing until just combined, and then stir in the peaches. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can use fresh peaches if they’re available, but this peach muffin recipe can also be made with canned or frozen peaches anytime of the year. These peach muffins are perfect in the summer, but will also keep you cozy during the cold winter months.
These peach muffins are best the day they are made, but you can freeze them for up to 2 months and thaw them in the fridge overnight to have for breakfast the next morning. Muffin tins come in all shapes and sizes, so be sure to fill your muffin cups no more than ¾ full with batter.
As with many cake and muffin recipes, avoid overmixing your batter. Once you’ve added the wet ingredients to the dry, mix just until combined to get a light and tender muffin.
Other peach recipes:
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon , optional
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced peaches , fresh and peeled, or canned and drained well
Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until well combined. whisk in melted butter, heavy cream, and vanilla extract until combined. Add this to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don't overmix. Stir in Peaches.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan, then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best the same day they are made, but can be kept in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3 days.