Nothing screams summer more than this refreshing watermelon treat.
There are moments in life when you wish everything would freeze for a second, because life can get so busy and hectic sometimes, and before you know it, another week or year has passed. The last few months have been crazy busy, and I felt that my job took over my entire world, and I desperately needed a break. So last weekend, Erez and I decided to go for some nature exploring and have a whole day to ourselves. No family, no friends, no iphone (well, at least from my part… it turned out to be too hard on Erez). Just us and nature. It was absolutely amazing. We spent most of our time at the beach, drinking watermelon juice, and I’ve been making that juice almost every single day since then. It’s simple, refreshing, and delicious, and you won’t get enough of it.
- 4 cups diced watermelon (preferably seedless)
- Mint leaves from ½ bunch, or more to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon or lime
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup cold water (or coconut water)
- Optional: ¼ cup tequila, vodka, white rum or coconut rum
- Blend all ingredients but water in a blender until smooth. You can strain it to remove pulp if you like or if you used a watermelon with seeds. Add water, alcohol and additional sugar until desired consistency and taste. Fill serving glasses with ice cubes, then pour watermelon juice. Serve immediately and enjoy.