These crunchy chocolate peanut butter bars call for only 5 ingredients, making them a quick, easy, and delectable treat.
If you’re feeling lazy today, yet craving a yummy homemade sweet, then you’ve come to the right place!
After a long, relaxing weekend, I’m having a case of the Manic Mondays. For some reason, I feel super energetic during the week while working like crazy, yet very tired after resting and having a good time on the weekend. Do you guys ever feel like that?
Luckily, these peanut butter bars are here to save us.
These bars are hassle-free, friendly to your dishes, and don’t even require an oven. Made with two delicious layers, the peanut butter on bottom is sweet while the chocolate topping is bitter, creating the perfect balance. Have I convinced you yet?
Besides, chocolate and peanut butter make the world a better place – or at least my world.
The peanut butter layer is made of a combination of melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and either graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs. You can use whichever crumbs you like as both versions are delicious! Simply pulse a few crackers or wafers in a food processor or blender until ground.
I don’t like overly sweet candies, so the amount of powdered sugar I used seemed perfect for my taste. However, after adding all the ingredients, you may want to taste the batter to see if it’s sweet enough for you. If you’d like your bars to be sweeter, I’d suggest only adding up to 1/4 cup more.
The second layer is basically pure chocolate, so you know it has to be good. All it takes is melting some dark chocolate with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. If you use the microwave to melt the chocolate, be careful not to burn it. Microwave it in 20 second intervals and stir in between. Be sure to also lick the bowl between each interval if it makes you happy.
- ¾ cup (1.5 stick/170g) butter, melted
- ¾ cup (190g/6.7oz) peanut butter
- 1¼ cups (150g/5.3oz) powdered sugar
- 1½ cups (150g/5.3oz) graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs (pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground, then measure)
- 200g/7oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30g/1 oz) peanut butter
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang on the sides for lifting the bars out of the pan once set.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Add graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs and mix until combined. Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Chill mixture while you make the chocolate topping.
- In a small heat-proof bowl, place chocolate and peanut butter. Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Alternatively, set over a saucepan of simmering water while stirring occasionally. Spread evenly over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm, then lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper and cut into squares.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.