These banana chocolate chip muffins are quick to make, full of banana flavor, aren’t too sweet, and have crunchy tops, and they taste just like banana bread! They are delicious with or without the chocolate chips, or you can replace the chocolate chips with nuts.
These muffins are the kind you wish to find in any bakery to go with your morning coffee. They are so easy to make, they’ll be ready in 10 minutes. They make a great midday snack. Or morning snack. Or late night snack!
How to Make Easy Banana Muffins From Scratch
This is the best banana chocolate chip muffin recipe if you ask me! They come together quickly and they are super easy to make. No fancy ingredients or equipment. Just mix all the dry ingredient in one bowl (flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar), and the rest of the ingredients in another bowl, then mix the two mixtures together. Mix just until the ingredients are combined, because over mixing can make the muffins dry and dense.
How to Get The Best Banana Flavor
I use 3 large bananas to get lots of banana flavor. The riper they are, the better because they are moister, and sweeter that way, so use very ripe bananas. Mash the bananas with a fork until there are no big chunks left and the batter is smooth. The muffins taste like banana bread in muffin form, and they are extra moist.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins
- The Best Carrot Muffins
- Super Chocolatey Banana Muffins
- My All Time Favorite Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cups (200 g/7 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (150 g/5.3 oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ripe large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup (75 g or 2/3 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Grease muffin pan cups or line them with liner papers.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mashed bananas, and melted butter. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix as little as possible, just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture between muffin cups, filling them about ¾ full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Muffins will keep fresh and moist for 3 days at room temperature or in the fridge. Serve them at room temperature.