This easy banana bread recipe is quick to put together, takes 10 minutes to make, and makes a delicious dessert for breakfast or any day of the week.
I don’t want to confuse you with many recipes, but although this banana bread recipe holds a special place in my heart, this easy version is my go-to recipe if I’m short on time or just feeling lazy. It’s soft and moist with an amazing banana flavor, and the best part is that it’s quick and easy to prepare.
Use the Ripest Bananas
Overly ripe bananas are ideal for banana bread. I didn’t realize the difference ripe bananas make until I tested the same banana bread recipe twice, one with lightly speckled bananas, and another with heavily speckled bananas, and the latter was more sweet and moist and overall tasted better, so it affects both the flavor and texture of the bread. You’ll know it’s banana bread time when the bananas are speckled and soft, almost mushy. If they are darker than that, almost black, they are even better to use.
Although the bread is irresistible straight out of the oven, I find that the banana flavor improves a day after it’s made. Store the bread for 2-3 days at room temperature, or in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s best to serve it at room temperature. Banana bread also freezes well, so if you have a party next week, you can make the bread, wrap well with plastic wrap, and freeze, then place in the fridge the night before to thaw.
More Banana Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Nutella-Stuffed Banana Muffins
- Banana White Chocolate Blondies
- Caramel Banana Upside-Down Cake
- Chocolate Banana Cake
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup (1 stick/115 g) melted butter
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (210 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease an 8½ x 4¼-inch loaf pan.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash them. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, and whisk just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then turn it out from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Store cake at room temperature or in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Serve at room temperature.