This easy-to-make no-bake creamy cheesecake mousse is flavored with white chocolate to make it extra smooth and delicious, and topped with fresh strawberries and strawberry jam.
After making these parfaits I realized that whenever I use strawberries in a recipe, I tend to combine them with white chocolate. I already have a few recipes with strawberries and white chocolate, including this yummy tart that I made just 2 weeks ago. It’s such a delicious combination that I can’t seem to get enough of.
So if you also love white chocolate and strawberries, you’re gonna love this recipe. The sweetness of the white chocolate and the tanginess of the cream cheese are amazing together.
To make things simple, I like to use ladyfingers as the bottom layer. They soak liquids quickly so they’ll be soft within a few hours. You can also use digestive biscuits or graham crackers. Break them into small pieces, and place in your cups or jars. If you prefer a more traditional cookie or graham cracker crust, you can use the crust from my individual cheesecake recipe.
I use this delicious cheesecake filling in many of my no-bake recipes. It’s not too sweet because of the tangy cream cheese, and it has a moussey, fluffy texture. The addition of white chocolate makes it extra velvety and creamy.
Instead of using just fresh strawberries, my new favorite way to use them is to combine them with strawberry jam. It adds a slight sweetness to the strawberries, and makes them shiny. Warm the jam in the microwave, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Mix with the fresh strawberries.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- ladyfingers/digestive biscuits/graham crackers , cut into pieces (I use 1-2 ladefingers for each cup)
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz/115 g white chocolate , melted
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 400 g fresh strawberries (2-3 cups), hulled and quartered
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar, and whisk well until combined and completely smooth (if grainy, beat with an electric mixer until smooth). Add melted white chocolate gently and gradually, until combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Avoid overbeating. Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the other half.
- Make the topping: Warm the jam in the microwave, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Mix with the fresh strawberries.
- Assembly: Divide ladyfinger pieces evenly between individual serving dishes. Evenly spoon (or pipe using a piping bag) about ½ cup of filling into each serving dish. Top with the strawberries. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, or up to 2 days.