These creamy individual cheesecakes are filled with Oreo pieces and have a whole Oreo cookie at the bottom, making it pretty and quick to prepare.
Pinterest has been an obsession of mine for a while now. I thought I was getting better lately, but I’m pretty sure I’m only getting worse. Many of the images are starting to repeat themselves, which means one of two things: either Pinterest has a lousy algorithm, or I’m spending too much time there. I’m pretty sure it’s the latter. But the reason I love Pinterest so much is because it constantly inspires me in my baking, such as when I saw this genius idea of using a whole cookie as crust. I don’t know how I didn’t come up with that myself, but it’s incredible!
It’s all Oreo goodness. Using a whole Oreo cookie as the crust doesn’t only make those babies pretty, but also delicious and easy to prepare. Just place one cookie at the bottom of each paper-lined muffin cup. Easy! Then there are a few more Oreos that go into the creamy filling, making this whole thing even better.
No mixer? No problem, you can mix the whole thing by hand. I like using the mixer for a velvety, lump-free texture, but if you don’t have one, just mix the ingredients in the same order the recipe suggests. Mix just until smooth—you don’t want to incorporate too much air into the batter.
The recipe yields about 18 cupcakes, depending on your muffin pan size. I usually like when recipes yield exactly 12 muffins, but the measurements made more sense this way.
The cheesecakes centers may sink slightly while cooling. That’s ok. If it bothers you, or if you just want these to look as appetizing as possible, you can always discard the muffin liners and serve the cheesecakes upside down so that the cookie side is facing up (my preference).
You may also like:
Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies
Unbelievable peanut butter pie with Oreo crust
- 25 Oreo cookies, divided (18 for bottom, 7 for filling)
- 450 g/16 oz (2 packages) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (100 g/3.5 oz) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 320F/160C. Line 18 muffin cups with liner papers (use a standard muffin pan, not mini). Place one whole Oreo cookie at the bottom of each paper-lined muffin cups. Coarsely chop the other cookies and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, until fully combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Fold in chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes until set (it’s ok if the center is slightly wobbly). Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably more. The cheesecakes may slightly sink at the center while cooling.
- You can discard paper liners and serve the cheesecakes upside down so that the cookie side is facing up.