These rich and decadent brownie bites are moist, gooey and perfectly sized for individual treats. They are the perfect fudgy brownie, all in one bite and so incredibly easy to make!
It’s hard to find the perfect brownie. You want crispy edges, fudgy centers, and a rich, decadent chocolate flavor. Now imagine all of that in one bite size brownie. After testing many recipes I finally landed on this one-bowl brownie bite recipe that exceeded all my expectations. It doesn’t stick to the pan or liners, isn’t too sweet, and bakes for just the right amount of time so that the centers stay fudgy.
How to make brownie bites
Let’s go over the process of making these simple, one-bowl brownie bites.
- Start by prepping a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Melt the butter. Place the butter in a saucepan and melt over medium heat on the stove.
- Add chocolate and salt. Pour chocolate and salt into the melted butter and melt. If the chocolate doesn’t completely melt, place back over low heat and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl and whisk in the sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and dry ingredients. Whisk in the eggs, which will turn the brownie batter smooth and shiny. Switch to a rubber spatula and fold in the flour and sifted cocoa powder just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake. Pour equal amounts of batter into your mini muffin pan, about ¾ of the way full. Bake for 10-14 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Cool. Cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove from the pan and cool. Try not to eat them all at once !:)
Tips for making perfect brownie bits
Here are some helpful tips to help you make perfect brownie bits! I highly recommend reading these before getting started.
- There are two ideal options for which type of pan to use. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners or use a a silicone pan without liners. You may need to run a knife around the edges to release them, but be sure to do this only after they have cooled a bit.
- Don’t overmix your brownie batter. The more you mix, the tougher your brownies will be, and we want them to be soft and chewy. Simply combine the ingredients until they come together.
- Don’t overbake your brownie bites. These bite size brownies only take 10-14 minutes to bake. You’ll know they are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs and isn’t completely dry. They will firm up as they cool.
- These brownie bites freeze very well. To do so, allow them to cool completely before placing in the freezer in a freezer-safe container. Make sure to thaw them on the counter for 1-2 hours, still covered, or overnight in the fridge when you’re ready to eat the.
Dress them up!
Want to take your brownie bites to the next level? Here are some fun ways to do it.
- Mix in add-ins. Try adding ¼ – ½ cup of chocolate chips or chopped nuts of your choice for extra flavors and textures! However, these brownie bites are super chocolatey, so adding chocolate chips will seriously up the chocolate level here. You’ve been warned.
- Top with frosting. Top these brownie bites with a dollop of frosting using a piping bag and piping tip, and they’re like mini cupcakes perfect for any occasion. And they’re small enough that they aren’t overly rich or sweet! These are one treat everyone will love.
Here are some of my favorite frostings to top these brownies bites with:
–White Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream
–Classic Vanilla Frosting
–Milk Chocolate Nutella Frosting
More of my favorite brownie recipes
- Snickers Brownies: Gobs of Snickers pieces are folded right into these ooey, gooey brownies.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies: Yummy sweet and salty flavors from creamy peanut butter and crunchy pretzels make these brownies amazing.
- Strawberry Brownies: Made with a full layer of chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries.
- Nutella Brownies: Creamy Nutella is baked in the middle of these rich, decadent, fudgy brownies.
- White Chocolate Chip Brownies: The combination of chocolates make these brownies irresistible.
Fudgy, delicious brownies in mini-muffin form. The perfect on-the-go dessert, these babies are so simple to make and will have you weak in the knees!
- 7 tablespoons (100g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon (100g) bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (130g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (40g) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add in chocolate and salt. Whisk until melted and smooth (if it doesn’t completely melt, cook on low heat for a few more seconds). Transfer to a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until well combined. Add eggs and whisk until combined and shiny. Add flour and cocoa powder and, using a rubber spatula, fold just until combined and no more flour is visible.
Using a spoon or a piping bag, scoop or pipe the batter into the muffin pan, filling the tins almost all the way full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs and not completely dry, 10-14 minutes. Allow brownies to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then take them out of the tins and place them on a cooling rack, allowing to cool completely before serving.
Store brownie bites at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Brownies can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw on the counter, still covered, or overnight in the fridge.